Friends, there comes a time in every January resolution where you decide to stretch the limits of that wagon. Maybe you don’t completely fall off of it. Maybe you hang your feet off the side, grazing the surrounding weeds with your toe. Maybe you jump off for a second to make sure the horse is okay, then jump back on. Maybe you spend the day hobbling from one ZoomCare to the next, hoping to get to the bottom of your injured and still very painful toe.
After three distinct visits to various Doc-In-The-Boxes over the past 24 hours, this is what I know:
- My toe has no broken bones or dislocated joints (hurray!)
- Buddy-toe wrapping is helpful when walking, but not so helpful while sleeping. Flat shoes are a must, but I walked around in slippers. Yup, I did. Good thing it wasn’t raining.
- Starbucks new “Flat White” is a rip off. You’re better off getting a doppio espresso macchiato (less milk, less calories, better taste, less $, much more authentic)
So, despite eating most of my meals out yesterday, I managed to stay on the 300/400/500 plan. Perhaps you’d like to know what I consumed? Okay. Full disclosure.
- · Sbux: black coffee
- · lo fat turkey/egg/sandwich
Whole Foods Hot Bar:
- · ½ c basmati rice
- · 3 oz stewed chicken verde w/ extra verde sauce
- · 2 scoops baked tofu
- · 2 scoops raw kale
Another trip to Sbux for a doppio espresso macchiato
- · 8 oz homemade almond milk
- · 6 oz red wine (I know! – workshop met in a bar)
- · Mixed bar nuts (about 20)
- · Came home and made a 2 ounce deli turkey/small whole grain bread/lots of greens/mustard sandwich
So, how about that wine? How about all that commercially prepared food? Well, truthfully, it all tasted fairly meh– plus, I was really in pain due to toe. I came home, lingered in some Lorrie Moore stories, popped a pain pill, and zonked out. (Only to wake up at 2:00 am, my toe on fire! Got up, bumped shin and head, unwrapped toe, applied Arnica, did some TRE exercises and slept like a log.)
What's your favorite place to test the limits of the wagon?