Two weeks ago, if you'd have told me I'd be making my own granola, I'd have laughed in your face. A big, fat hahahahaha! I hate the kitchen. I only go in there to pop another Ghirardelli Dark & Sea Salt Caramel in my pie hole.
My husband nearly had a heart attack when he saw me spreading the oats on a cookie sheet. "This calls for a toast," he said. "Where's the Scotch?" That husband is a funny guy.
So. I made the granola and I ate the granola. With homemade almond milk. Yup. That's tomorrow's recipe.
And guess what? I don't have a stomach ache. Furthermore, I'm sitting here like a trained dog with the bag of Ghirardelli right next to me, and I'm not reaching for one. Plus, I didn't have the Scotch. #SmallVictories.
homemade granola (see below)
1/4 cup mixed berries
Salad with leftover salmon and feta
Almond meal cake! (I will reveal the recipe for this once I actually taste it and declare it worthy. Or not)
4 cups rolled oats
2 Tbsp maple syrup
1 Tbsp canola oil
1/2 cup chopped almonds
1/2 cup golden raisins (soak in water, then drain the water)
1 tsp cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 300
- Measure oats and almonds into a large bowl
- Mix the wet ingredients in small bowl
- Coat the oats and almonds with mixture
- Spread the coated oats and almonds on a cookie sheet (tip: parchment paper makes it less messy and easier to pour into jars.)
- sprinkle cinnamon over the oats
- Bake for about 20 minutes. Watch closely, and occasionally stir the outer oats into the center (outer oats will brown faster)
- Take out, let cool, mix in the drained raisins
- Once cool, pour into fancy jars that look nice on your shelf! (Or any container, really, I'm just getting a little Martha on y'all.)
So, tell me dear ones, fans of granola or not? What about coconut and carob? Have any recipes to share?
Delicious! Mathman (my ex) makes granola and it's wonderful. When I stay with him and the kids, I always leave with a baggie of it. Two if I'm lucky.ReplyDelete
Walking out of a house with a baggie of home grown... wait, that's what my state is known for...Delete