Two weeks ago, if you'd have told me I'd be making my own granola, I'd have laughed in your face. A big, fat hahahahaha! I hate the kitchen. I only go in there to pop another Ghirardelli Dark & Sea Salt Caramel in my pie hole.
My husband nearly had a heart attack when he saw me spreading the oats on a cookie sheet. "This calls for a toast," he said. "Where's the Scotch?" That husband is a funny guy.
So. I made the granola and I ate the granola. With homemade almond milk. Yup. That's tomorrow's recipe.
And guess what? I don't have a stomach ache. Furthermore, I'm sitting here like a trained dog with the bag of Ghirardelli right next to me, and I'm not reaching for one. Plus, I didn't have the Scotch. #SmallVictories.
homemade granola (see below)
1/4 cup mixed berries
Salad with leftover salmon and feta
Almond meal cake! (I will reveal the recipe for this once I actually taste it and declare it worthy. Or not)
4 cups rolled oats
2 Tbsp maple syrup
1 Tbsp canola oil
1/2 cup chopped almonds
1/2 cup golden raisins (soak in water, then drain the water)
1 tsp cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 300
- Measure oats and almonds into a large bowl
- Mix the wet ingredients in small bowl
- Coat the oats and almonds with mixture
- Spread the coated oats and almonds on a cookie sheet (tip: parchment paper makes it less messy and easier to pour into jars.)
- sprinkle cinnamon over the oats
- Bake for about 20 minutes. Watch closely, and occasionally stir the outer oats into the center (outer oats will brown faster)
- Take out, let cool, mix in the drained raisins
- Once cool, pour into fancy jars that look nice on your shelf! (Or any container, really, I'm just getting a little Martha on y'all.)
So, tell me dear ones, fans of granola or not? What about coconut and carob? Have any recipes to share?