50 Reasons I'm grateful
1. I have a husband who treats every day like it's my birthday.
2. I have 3 kids I adore.
3. I have 2 stepkids who are amazing.
4. All the kids are doing well, and have chosen significant others who bring out the best in them (or, in lieu of SO's keep great company).
5. My business partner is the smartest, most meticulous woman in the world.
6. Except for my mom, who is equally brilliant.
7. From dad, I got the best sense of humor ever.
8. Oh yeah, and my novel is about to go out to publishers, which brings me to...
9. My fabulous agent who sees all.
10. My writing group. There is no better writing group. Anywhere.
11. I live in paradise.
12. I have interesting work, and more than enough of it.
13. My health, oh yes, let us not forget that. So far, so good.
14. The interesting, eclectic and generous group of friends I have of long-standing. You know who you are.
15. Soccer. Yup, I'm one of those. Well, vicariously, anyway.
16. Art. So much of it. I can't wait until I finally decide to be an artist. Maybe in 20 years.
17. My house. My very cool, owned by only one other family, mid-century ranch--AND the fabulous realtor that made it happen.
18. Food. So much of it. All of it so delicious.
19. Netflix. How did we survive without it?
20. Facebook. Same deal.
21. Extended family--you're the best!
22. Books. Hell--oh! Even e-books, but mostly real books.
23. technology. Though some days that's also on my most-hate list, too.
24. Men. Thank God for them.
25. Okay, women too.
26. My grandparents, odd as they were, they taught me to chew with my mouth closed.
27. Green spaces. Such as the park in my backyard.
28. The chickens, and the every-day eggs they lay.
29. Wine. Oregon pinot in particular.
33. The Empress Elisabeth.
36. Yes, the rain. Only, it would be better in smaller doses.
37. The Interweb. Sometimes.
38. Betsy Lerner's blog.
39. Did I say books? I did? Okay, movies then.
41. Color. Because who would want to live in a black and white world?
46. Our hot tub, the old girl.
47. My car.
48. My sister!
50. All of you, reading this.