I write for a living. It isn't a hobby, it's not what I do on my time off, it's what I do. Period.
My concerns, projections, trepidations and misgivings are thus:
- I'm contributing to the trend towards limited attention and shallow engagement
- I'll have to give something else up, and I'm not sure what that will be
- I worry that my tendency to feel like everything is only half done and that there's something I've forgotten will increase
- I worry about being sucked into the land of endless trivia
My hopes, goals and optimisms are:
- I'll get to know more cool people
- I'll get to know about more cool things
- I'll waste less time and improve my powers of concision
- I'll be able to get more clients, and help more clients
- I'll deliver my creative messages to more people
- I'll be able to boil down my messages to their most salient points
- I'll find more audience
Let the craziness begin!